Sorry about the delay posting more on this build. Real life being what it is put this on hold. Back to business.
Once the windows are built I usually start on the floor to create the footprint for the building. Here I am using Hirst arts tiles and blocks for parts of this build. I glued the tiles together face down on a cutting board so I had a level floor. Once I glued it down I reinforced the back with more glue and then some putty on the portions of the tiles that were not level for added stability. When the floor was completely set I turned it over and filled all gaps between the tiles.
Next I again use the Hirst blocks to build the bottom edge of the walls and corners of the building. After these parts dry I roughly cut foam core walls to fill the open areas and roughly set the windows. You will notice lots of gaps here as I did not worry too much about the fit since I will be covering the walls inside and out and I was in a bit of a hurry at the time. The windows are shimmed in and leveled with coffee stirrers. When the walls are set in place I cap them with popsicle sticks so I have a level surface to put the roof on and to edge the façade for the exterior walls.
After gluing the popsicle sticks on I use coffee stirrers to fill any gaps between the foam core, wood and Hirst blocks.
When I have a good surface for the wall faces, I cover the whole wall with PVA glue and then dump clay kitty litter onto the surface. This will appear similar to a flint nodule surface. After the PVA sets up I use super glue dribbled over the surface to protect the kitty litter with a hard acrylic surface and to set it firmly in place.
Hope you like.