Total Pageviews

Saturday, May 29, 2021

A place to place my statue

 I have finished adding brickwork on the statue level.  

The crypt levels brickwork is finished too.  The actual alcoves with the bodies slid into place so they could be painted separately.  

Left on the interior is gap filling and capping and filing the voids in-between the interior and exterior wall.  Then the exterior. 

Saturday, May 22, 2021

Built something for the fun of it.


A little something that I picked up on sale.  The Mórannach, Beast of Cill Chonn Bog from Mierce Miniatures that they had listed in one of their half off sales.  It was painted almost exclusively with thin washes set down in layers with minimal highlighting.  Used all of the supplied branches to add more roots to the arms and legs.  Added a small tree and a few mushrooms.  Used lots of vegetation on top.  Hope you like. 


Tuesday, May 18, 2021

First game of Stargrave

 We played our first game of Stargrave and it was pretty fun.  It plays much like Ghost Archipelago with guns.  I fielded a Mystic and a Biomorph against a Tekker and a Veteran.  Shooting is much more deadly in this game than in Frostgrave but it is not a deal-breaker.  Loads of fun even though I got shot to hell.  My mystic survived until the last round but ended up falling to gunfire.  Here is the board. 

Sunday, May 9, 2021

Ore marker

The dungeon accessories mould from Hirst arts has some very useful pieces in it.  I never really had much use for the crystals though but I still saved them every time I poured the mould.  I finally found a use as an ore marker.  Based on a 70mm MDF base and painted with acrylics.  I figure it will take me another few years to cast enough of them to do a second.  

Thursday, May 6, 2021

First models for Stargrave

 Started painting the metals when they came in.  Only one conversion on the mystic as I did not like the head.  



Objectives.  Again with dice inserts.

Monday, May 3, 2021

Saturday, May 1, 2021

BSC 2021 post 3

 Finished gritting and rocking the base.  Last picture will be primed. 

BSC 2021 post two

 We left off with the cork lozenges glued to mount board.  This was covered with a layer of poly-filla to smooth the transition from the cork to the mount board.  Teddy bear fur was glued in blobs randomly around the perimeter and the islands.  This was trimmed and then poly-filla was worked to the edges to blend in the fabric portions to the base.  

Once everything set up I mixed craft paint water and a couple of drops of rinse aid in a pot.  This was painted/dropped and worked into the fur.  After it was combed out a bit to separate the strands then put in the oven at low temperature to dry it out.  They were baked at 40 for about two hours on fan assist to dry off.  After brushing out again we have the results below.