Total Pageviews

Saturday, December 14, 2013

Pumpkins

Killing time time over here so I decided to be at least a little productive.  I  have always thought realistic crops on the field would be pretty neat.  I have been collecting ho scale corn stalks for a while, but will not be able to get to that project until I get to the UK.  One thing that I can make is pumpkins.  They are just a blob of putty that has creases down all sides.  Pretty straight forward.  I made about twenty over a couple of weeks.
Here are the masters.
 And the mold using a cheap Allumite kit
 A couple of casts
 I will be pinning each pumpkin to the base with the vine.
 Then fold the vine over the top.
 Bend in an appropriately odd shape.
 Using a wire bending pliers.
 When they are together they will look the biz. 
 Once I get back to the UK I can punch some leaves with a paper leaf punch.  Right now I am just casting these so I have them available.   It will be a bit of a different surface for my rough terrain markers.   Hope you like.
Snitchy sends. 

4 comments:

  1. Very interesting - I am wanting some pumpkins for a Strange Aeons game.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good addition to the scenery, looking forward to seeing them "up and running" so to speak.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forwards to seeing this pumpkin patch prosper. :)

    ReplyDelete