Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 16, 2022

An Orrery for Frostgrave

 Been gone for a while as I was learning about my 3d printer.  The building is a free file off of thingverse.  I did not want another temple so I revived my old plans to build an orrery.   I had binned the last one as it did not come out quite as well as I would have liked.  This one was made from beads, a couple of resin offering dishes, wire and pins.  

Only one shot of the exterior as it is the same on all four sides. 

Some more close up shots including the actual orrery.  

I poured a flat plaster ceiling as as the interior layers did not set too well.  I painted it up as constellations like the upper interior walls. 

Hope you like.




2 comments:

  1. Nice!

    Just started printing myself - a texture roller and some small graveyard pieces so far. How long did that print take?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, just saw this. Three prints of thirty+ hours for the walls (2 each print) and the roof. Two prints of ten+ hours for the entrance details and small roofs. Each pillar was a half hour. As you can understand, I am not excited about doing another building.

      Delete