Total Pageviews

Friday, March 10, 2023

Gelatin cube

I ended up with extra clear resin from my BSC build so I decided to try something that I have always wanted to by building a gelatin cube.  To start out I posed and painted plastic skeleton, a pelvis and skull.  Once that had set I glued each of those pieces to some fishing line so I could "float" it in the resin.  Next I built a cube of Lego and then formed three sheets of foil around the cube.  After removing the Lego form I stabilized the cube of foil using tape and two part resin in the corners to stop leaks.  Then I hung the bits of bone from some coffee stirrers in the cube.  After mixing the resin up I poured it into the cube and let it set.  After removing the foil I had to retreat the surface with two part epoxy resin to ensure that it remained clear.  Blobs were added to the surface with UV setting resin.   This was glued to a prepared base and more UV setting resin was used to make the edges form naturally to the ground. 

Here are a couple of tutorials if you are interested in trying one of your own. 

Abaroths World

Hirstarts 


No comments:

Post a Comment