Total Pageviews

Saturday, September 30, 2023

Playing with UV resin.

 I got a deal on the Amazon for 300 mils of UV resin and decided to see what I could do with it.  


The first thing was to try a clear skull coming out of a pool or gateway.  I used Oyumaru to make a press mold of a GW giant skull, cast it in clear resin.  I textured a ring of foamex as stone and made a backing of crumpled up foil on mount-board. 


Once I assembled it I set the skull in the center and then filled around with more resin.  This was tinted with a GW ink.  



Next I did the same but tinted the resin itself with ink. 


I also used some clear Shrinky-dink plastic to make a small skull drawing.  I then used a 25mm resin mold to cast that into resin to see how transparent it would be.  


As you can see the plastic is still slightly visible.  

Then I did another test.   This time with a larger drawing of a menacing shadow.  

Here it is in the original size.  


It baked down to this

This was mounted on clear plastic and set in a doorway.  I used inks to add tinting to the plastic, set in resin front and back then textured with Modge Podge.  








No comments:

Post a Comment