Total Pageviews

Saturday, July 1, 2017

Some more lasercut terrain

Just a quick post with some terrain that I finished.  First are these fence sections from TT Combat terrain. 

 The rest are from Miniature Scenery.  Satellite Dishes.


 Dune Buggy

This last one is showing scale on the Chimara for a question on a forum.
Hope you like.
Snitchy sends.

Sunday, June 4, 2017

Sector Mechanicus Alchomite Stack

I picked up the sector Merchanicus Alchomite Stack on a lark.  It is all plastic, modular and has acceptable detail.  Nice thing is that GW seems to have controlled their skull fettish so there is only a couple of them hidden here or there.  I based them to fit in with my existing terrain.   Mini on a 25mm base for scale.

Hope you like.
Snitchy sends.

Sunday, May 28, 2017

Another Salute purchase done

Picked this kit up from Warmill at Salute this year.  It was missing a couple of parts and they shipped them out pretty quick.  Build was straightforward and it has some pretty good detail  I added bits from both Ainsty and Zing Industries.  I still have some weathering, details and vegetation left to add. 

Hope you like.
Snitchy sends.

Monday, May 15, 2017

New Frostgrave and Rougestars

Just a quick update.  Finished some of my loot from Salute.  Here is the Frsotgrave stuff.  Some soldiers and new wizards.  Sorry for the craptastic photos.  Still unpacking and figuring out where I can take some good ones.
 Here is my new Rougestars crew.
 Hope you like.
Snitchy sends.

Monday, April 3, 2017


Since I have been unpacking I have taken the opportunity to organize my modeling toolbox.  I tend to be a bit of a tool whore and if I see a new tool I generally have to have it. 
Top is large hand tools rulers, squares and large cutters. 
 Punches and wire bending tools and jigs.
 Small hand cutters, chisels and planes. 
 Greenstuff World textured rollers.
 Press molds and silicone tipped tools. 
 Metal sculpting tools
 Pin vises, knives, hobby saw, scissors, files, long and small tools at the bottom
 Hand cutters, tweezers, wire bending tools and punches.
 Here are the punches.  Gold shaping cups, hex punch and circle punch. 
I still have some more tools to sort out but they are in other boxes and I am still building my hobby space again.
Snitchy sends.

Rubberized Horsehair

Been a while since I have posted.  Had to move house and unpacking has taken the majority of my time.
I have been trying to get my hands on rubberized horsehair since I read about it in Terrain modeling by Richard Windrow.  It is needless to say been incredibly difficult to get.   Apparently it was used as furniture padding prior to foam and is not longer used normally.  You can find it at specialty vendors for specialty prices.  I generally try not to spend specialty prices when I can so I am attempting to make some.  First you need a donor for the hair.   Here I have a crossover with my wife and daughters hobbies.

When spring hit the Pony was shedding like crazy.   So a bit pf brushing gathered a huge amount of hair.  I took this and used Fairy liquid dish soap to clean it and let it dry.

Next I laid it out on granny grating in a bucket.  Then took some mold making latex and mix it one to one with water.

This was poured onto a layer of horsehair on the grating and then left to dry.  Here are a couple of photos of the drying horsehair.

Once I get some made up in terrain I will share it.
Hope you like.
Snitchy sends.

Thursday, November 24, 2016


Finished my first five Nickstarter Frostgrave Barbarians and the three loot tokens that came with it.  I am quite happy with the sculpts as the details are much better than the original soldier sculpts.  I am quite chuffed becasue I have never been able to do tattoos.  Not for lack of trying becasue I have tried to do them many times in the past but it never looked right.  My eyes are not what they once were so the lines are pretty huge but I am happy with how they came out.  I will show some photos first and then give my particular recipe. 

The recipe that I worked out.  Base coat is flesh (this one was GW and the exact does not really matter much).  The tattoos were painted on in a bright turquoise.  A flesh wash (red brown) over the top of both colors.  Once all of this was dry I mixed up some glaze medium (this one was Windsor and Newton) with the flesh base coat color again.  This was completely translucent but laid down a thin flesh tint.  It was painted on the the entire skin area.  Once this was dry I did another layer over the highlights.  Once this was dry I added a small bit of white and did the highlights again.  Lastly I did a thin wash of the white spirits and dark brown oil paint.  Again, my eyes are not what they once were so the lines are pretty thick but I am happy with it.
Hope you like.
Snitchy sends.