Was messing about while I am waiting to file paperwork. So I made up some trees. The core of the trees are made up of fabric wrapped floral wire. These were twisted following numerous tutorials. Then I wrapped the wire pairs with floral tape and built up the trunk. Once the trunk was bulked out, I used green stuff to make some broken branches. I coated the trunk and branches with latex caulk and used a paint brush with stiff bristles to score the surface to make the bark. When this set, I used green stuff to add some fungus. Painted, flocked and foam added. Hope you like.
Saturday, January 25, 2014
He started out as a plastic skeleton Halloween costume that I bought on sale after the holiday from Target. I jazzed him up by adding the acrylic eyes, and heat shrinking strips of two 0.07mm plastic drop cloths onto the skeleton to create the flesh texture. Then I used gel wood stain to paint the surface. Once that had set I used black spray paint in all the holes to hide the old bone colors inside the torso and dusted the whole thing with white spray paint to give it that dusty look. I followed a corpsing tutorial I found on YouTube.
Hope you like.
Thursday, January 23, 2014
Wednesday, January 22, 2014
Just got back from visiting the family in the UK and I should be able to apply for my visa on 1 Feb 14. I just have to get the paperwork together. In the mean time I have been working on a couple of custom objective markers for Warmachine. They were pretty straight forward so I am not going to go into real detail on the construction. Just bits pinned down and arranged nicely.