Total Pageviews

Saturday, September 2, 2017

Bottle Brush Pine Tree Jig

I had some questions about my process for making trees.  Initially I posted this tutorial.  The guy had a post that is now deleted on how to make the jig so I am including a couple of photos of mine. 
All made out of scrap wood. 
 This one is a photo of the hand crank. 
It is almost all glued together.  I just screwed in the upright since that would not hold with glue alone.  It was pretty simple to build and works just like in the video.  One thing to keep in mind is that the length of the bed (the small board on top) gives you the maximum height of any tree that you make on the jig.  Mine can make pines up to twelve inches tall. 
Hope that helps.
Snitchy sends.

1 comment:

  1. Very handy winding jig. You could use it to make barbed wire too.

    ReplyDelete