Total Pageviews

Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Mayan Skull Rack.

Evening. 
I usually do not like to do terrain with more skulls but for this I made an exception.  The planning started with the design.  It seems there was some variation in design between different city states.  Here are some examples. 
What I decided to do is make an open design that miniatures could move on while keeping the basic features.  It is also generic enough to use for multiple genera.  


I had to drill out 234 skulls from a variety of manufactures.  They include GW, Secret Weapon, Reaper and some old Fortress Figure skulls.  Then they were mounted in match sticks and wire. 
The base is foamcore coated in Magic Sculpt.  I still have some basing and weathering to do. 

Hope you like.

Snitchy sends.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! What a great build. I have not heard of Magic Sculpt before, I shall have to have a look out for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michael,
      Magic Sculpt is a US product. You can find it here.
      http://www.greenstuffworld.com/en/56-magic-sculpt
      Save yourself the money becasue it is the same thing as Milliput superfine. I brought two pounds of the Magic Sculpt over when I immigrated and it is starting to go off so I am trying to use it up.

      Delete
    2. Thank you for the heads up, mind you I have just spent far too long looking round the Green Stuff World website.

      Delete