Total Pageviews

Saturday, June 8, 2019

Bone Wheel construction and base coat done.


I decided to magnetize the scaffolding as I can make another top for use in the game or I can use the base as a stand-alone dais. 

I was initially at a loss as what to add to the base of the scaffolding.  I hit on making a small shrine on top of the dais with the scaffolding built around it.  Here is the shrine that I came up with. 
Once all components were primed black, I started with the base.  All stone was highlighted with three separate colors.  Individual stones will be picked out and colored once I start on the oils.  The skulls were painted individually.


The small shrine was painted in a similar way.  I added some pictographs that will be obscured with the scaffolding so I did not go into too much depth. 


The scaffolding was dry brushed with two shades of grey on the black primer.  The ropes were painted later. 
The wagon wheels were painted in a similar way as the scaffolding.  The skeletons were painted and so were the metallic parts of the wheels. 
Here is the completed build without glue. 





  The whole structure will be receiving several treatments in oil paints to both tone down and blend the original paint job.  The oils will also be used to tint individual stones and tint certain details. 

Hope you like. 

4 comments:

  1. That's very clever! I am really looking forward to seeing the oils go on. Do you varnish the structure before or after the oils?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I generally do one rattlecan gloss and two flat. Thanks for looking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry Michael I completely missed the point of the question. Depending on the acrylic paint I may varnish before and after. I have had the white spirits break down the Pebeo paints on one occasion so when I use that brand I rattle can the gloss before and after. With the GW/Privateerpress/Foundry paints I do not. The three sprays I described is what I always do at the end.

      Delete