Total Pageviews

Wednesday, June 5, 2019

Bone wheel update.


Howdy.  So I am working on a couple of things.  Firstly the Bone wheel is base is going to be raised up about ¾ inch so I will need to build up a plinth.  I cut my second sheet of stacked skulls into strips and divided them into sections.  Once that was done I needed to bend them to fit around a base.  To do this I boiled water and put the pieces in individually.  Once they were warm enough to bend I put them onto a glass jar that is the right diameter and cooled them with the rounded shape. 


The next step will be to do the dividers and the actual base.  Have not started there as I have been working on another part of the project.  The six hanging skeletons. 

I decided to hang them on individual wheels so match the name of the scenario and the description.  I used 4 Ground laser cut wagon wheels as the base and some old Wargames Factory Skeletons.  Now picked up by Warlord games.  These are the old ones whose bones are too brittle to hold the weight of the model.  Not so good for troops but great for terrain.  They were glued into position on the wheels and twisted wire was tightly wrapped around the arms and legs to hang them in place. 



Then I used toilet paper and watered down wood glue to add clothing.  And now they will have to set for a while.   

Once set they will get a glaze of superglue to harden the clothing and bond all the pieces together in a solid part.

Hope you like.

1 comment: